Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mini Detour

So while I'm still aspiring to fulfill number 1 on my bucket list and get to Ireland...I'm making a little US side trip this week to somewhere else that starts with an "i": Idaho. Not nearly as exciting as Ireland that's for sure but sometimes just getting out of California can be such a release.

But for me, travel was always kind of refreshing and renewing. I still remember the first time I went to NY. I did it completely on my own. I'd just come off a tough breakup and it was the perfect cure. I got on a plane and I dropped myself smack dab in the middle of the busiest city in America and I loved every minute of it. I even took a cab to the airport by myself (to the dismay of my parents). They may seem like small problems but for me, being rather sheltered and scared growing up, they're big steps.

I'm right in the middle of a great new job start so this Idaho trip is coming at a rather bad time but I'm glad for the break. Hopefully it'll get me back in touch with my independent female self!

No comments:

Post a Comment