Monday, September 6, 2010

Destination: Ireland

I was supposed to go to Ireland for the first time when I graduated college. It was going to be my graduation present. Instead however, I ended up having to go an extra year at university so I could complete finish my degree and complete the minor I had chosen. This turned out not to be the most fulfilling decision I've ever made and Ireland probably would have been much more life-changing but somehow, everything seems to have a way of working itself out.

Earlier this year a couple of things happened. I was blessed with the opportunity to work at a travel company and my mom had the unfortunate luck of having a canceled attempt at another Ireland trip, thanks to my dad. It seems like the planets sort of aligned since with my discount at my job, my mom and I can now go to Ireland for a pretty small amount of money.

So the month has pretty much been set. Next April will be my one year anniversary at the company and with it, the 50% discount on tours. My mom and I have already started planning. The plan is to go around my birthday next year so I'll have enough vacation saved up.

So, destination #1...Ireland it is. Cead Mile Failte!

No comments:

Post a Comment